|2017 Indie Groundbreaker Award for Best Setting
2017 Indie Groundbreaker Award Nominee for Game of the Year
Women were part of the Great Generation, but history has forgotten our contributions.
We fought in fields and factories to keep the infrastructure alive. We fought in civil defense to keep the home front safe. We served on the front lines as nurses and pilots. As civilians in war zones, we resisted, we fought and we died. War Birds is an anthology of live games about women at war. For 4-6 players, in 3-5 hours with no knowledge of history required.
Designed by an international team of women writers, War Birds presents fun-to-play, easy-to-run games that let you explore exciting stories you might not have heard before:
· Against the Grain: Home front factory workers embroiled in racial strife
· We Were WASP: Female aviators finding sisterhood and freedom in the skies (Fastaval 2014 Otto Nominee)
· Mobilize: Women finding queer expression and community in a WAC motor pool
· Keeping the Candles Lit: Three generations of Jewish partisans holding on to tradition under fire (IndieCade 2016 Nominee)
· Model Protectorates: A family in occupied Denmark struggling with resistance and control (Fastaval 2015 Otto Nominee)
· The Things She Carried: A Japanese-American family under relocation orders determining what to keep and what to leave behind (War Birds Design Contest Winner)
Moyra Turkington, Ann Eriksen, Kira Magrann, Shoshana Kessock and Wendy Gorman have come together to bring you this curated collection of games. They provide a broader investigation into the contribution of women in the war effort and they ask hard questions about history and how we interpret and remember it.